[spambayes-dev] pop3proxy execution "rules" on Windows

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Tue Sep 9 22:01:22 EDT 2003

> > Is there any reason not to just put it in "{Application
> > Data}\SpamBayes" along with the Outlook stuff?
>
> Nothing is shared, so I see no reason to use the same
> directory, and only scope for confusion.

I had thought that people might want to share the bayes database and
possibly the general config file.  Realistically, I suppose, few people
will be using both Outlook and pop3proxy, so it's not that important.
In that case, I like having a subdirectory of the existing one more than
cluttering up the application data folder with another folder for
spambayes.

> I should have started with "SpamBayes\Outlook" :)

True :)  Oh well, first in, first served ;)

> This wont work due to permissions.  The service is running as
> a different user, and will have no credentials to use to
> LogonUser() to get access to the user's database.  We could
> solve this by having a "logon to the proxy" request, but that
> is getting beyond the short term :)

Ok then, you have me convinced ;)  We stick with the plan you outlined,
unless Richie has more comments.

=Tony Meyer