[spambayes-dev] sb_* in config files?

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Sun Sep 14 21:34:15 EDT 2003

 Tony> Fine by me (the names bit).  Do we use the name 'debug' header,
or
 Tony> 'evidence' header?

 Skip> +1 for 'evidence'.  'debug' sounds too much like something normal
 Skip> users wouldn't approach although them might well be interested in
 Skip> the clues.

That was my thought, too.

On a similar note, the more I think about it, the more I think Skip is
right in saying that since we're breaking all sorts of backwards
compatibility at this point, we shouldn't hold off doing more that we
can see will be necessary later.  So I'd like to:

 * Change hammie to use the 'evidence' options instead of the 'debug'
ones, as above.
 * Move the 'notate_to' and 'notate_subject' options out of the
'pop3proxy' section into the 'Headers' section.
 * Move the ham/spam/unknown cache options out of the 'pop3proxy'
section into the 'Storage' section.

I'm happy to do the edits, although I can only test sb_server
(pop3proxy), sb_imapfilter and sb_pop3dnd, not sb_filter (hammiefilter).

These will all break config files for anyone using non-default values
for those options, though.

Thoughts?  BTW, apart from this there doesn't seem to be anything
stopping the 1.0a6 release (which I planned for last Thursday ;) so once
there seems to be an agreement on the above, I'll package it together
and release it.

=Tony Meyer