[spambayes-dev] Test windows binaries available

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Sep 15 01:18:03 EDT 2003

> > This zip file contains a single directory with the
> following programs:
> > * pop3proxy_tray.exe - a Windows GUI program
>
> If I choose "exit spambayes", nothing happens.  (I have to
> kill it with
> the task manager).
> If I choose "stop spambayes", nothing happens.  However, this doesn't
> work for me with the source version either.

Please see the log file <wink>.

> > * pop3proxy_service.exe - A Windows service - "-install" to
> install it
>
> I can install this, but not start it unless I use "-debug".
> I tried to
> stop it with cntl-c and got:
> """
> Stopping debug service.
> The service is still shutting down...
> [that line 35 more times]
> Error 0xC000000B - The Python service control handler failed.

Probably the same error that the try got trying to shutdown.

How did you try and start it?  "net start pop3proxy"?  Note I just saw
pop3proxy_tray etc get confused with multiple proxies running.

> I get a "can't find default message store" if I run this without
> specifying a folder.  Does that matter?

Not to me <wink>

>From the next mail:
> Speaking of those smarts, to implement this, are we just running a
> script that sets the appropriate options in the bayescustomize.ini file?
> And then setting the BAYESCUSTOMIZE envar to the location of that file?
> Or is there something more complicated planned?

I've no idea - but presumably we want all programs to use the same logic, so
a "script" doesn't make much sense.  Further, we probably still want some
kind of mutex to prevent multiple apps accidently starting.  It may make
sense to have log redirection logic there too.  Someone will have to "just
do it" :)

Mark.