[spambayes-dev] pop3proxy suggestion

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Mon Sep 15 10:53:00 EDT 2003

Wow! That's quite a collection of improvements. Can I raise another
possibility while you're at it?

Specifically, for those whose H/S balance isn't balanced, how about an
option to set the default training behaviour for each category? Obviously,
you will always want to train on Unsures, but if you have a filter that's
running 8 to 1 in Ham vs Spam (and I have one of those) you may want to
start discarding the predominant category for a while, and setting that once
a week or month is more likely to work than having to click the Discard
header every training session.

Van

"Meyer, Tony" wrote:

> > A score column and 'sort by column' would be great.
>
> I've updated the code so that:
>
>   * You provide a list (in the options) of headers you want displayed,
> which defaults to ("Subject", "From"), but can include any.  (This
> removes the need for the display_to option).
>
>   * You can include a column with the score.
>
>   * You can include a column with the date received (unlikely to be of
> much use, but 99% of the code was needed for other things).
>
>   * If you click a column heading messages are sorted by that column.  A
> second click reverses the sorting.
>
>   * You can show clues *or tokens* for a message.
>
>   * If they are available (i.e. if the right header options are set),
> the score & clues that the message originally received are displayed in
> 'show clues' as well as current score/clues.
>
>   * Show clues/tokens includes the ham/spam count for that token, like
> the Outlook show clues does.
>
>   * An advanced version of the 'find token' boxes (on the front page) is
> available (hidden by default).
>
>   * A much improved version of the 'find message' box (on the front
> page) is available (to search for a message by subject, and so on).
>
> Once 1.0a6 is out, I'll create a branch for any remaining 1.0 bugfixes
> (as suggested) and then check all of the above into the main branch.
>
> =Tony Meyer

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,