[spambayes-dev] Prevent multiple servers on Windows

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Thu Sep 18 14:20:37 EDT 2003

> It is all too hard :)

Isn't everything?  8-)

> The "correct" fix appears to be to
> give the State object init() and close() methods, and anything else just
> starts looking too ugly even for my eyes <wink>.

Don't know - I'd have to have a very close look at it.  The whole
start/stop business kind of grew - and under the hands of many people -
rather than being designed in from the start.

> 1) Forget these new changes for now, and release 0.6 as it stands.  This can
> still include a windows binary - if it is good enough for source-code users,
> it is good enough for binary users (except for the sister factor)
>
> 2) I check in some fairly intrusive changes that *should* all work <wink>.
> We delay 0.6 until things are again shaken out.
>
> I don't really care.  Option (1) means saving my changes in a diff and
> uploading them to sourceforge.  No decisive replies defaults to (1) <wink>

I would vote for leaving the edits out of 1.0a6 - that was originally
supposed to be a name-change-only release!

You could always commit your changes on a branch.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com