[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes-checkins] spambayes/spambayesstorage.py, 1.33, 1.34

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Thu Sep 18 17:13:00 EDT 2003

    Tim> [Skip]
    >>> * one import per line

    Tim> [Richie]
    >> I've never understood why the coding standard recommends that - is
    >> there a concrete reason I'm missing, or is it a matter of taste?

Aside from Tim's excellent summary of why you'd want to do this (including
the mysterious "dutch lengthening import technique"), I have two other
reasons:

    * In this case, I split the import simply to be consistent with the
      other imports in the file, which were all one per line.

    * I like to split my imports into two groups, modules which are part of
      the Python distribution and modules which I wrote or which are
      otherwise third party.  That just makes it easier to tell if I need to
      include other modules when tossing something out to my website.

Skip