[spambayes-dev] An interesting email with interesting ramifications

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Sep 19 18:36:56 EDT 2003

> This scored a solid unsure for me, which is completely
> understandable...
> The pertinent text is:
>
> Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch sdtuy at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it
> deosn't mttaer
> in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt
> tihng is that
> the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can
> be a total
> mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is
> bcuseae the huamn
> mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.

I've received six of these now, including three where I don't recognise
the sender's address.  All of them have been solidly ham so far.  I'm
starting to think they're spam, though...

Presumably, training on a single one of these would mean that the rest
were easily classified.  It seems unlike that any of those words would
already be tokens.