[spambayes-dev] Re: [Spambayes] spam error...

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Mon Sep 29 03:38:54 EDT 2003

> There's also the problem that the setup.py script tries to
> import __version__ from the spambayes package.  I think we
> concluded that it was probably pilot error when operating
> WinZip and not an error in SpamBayes proper, but I'd like to
> get confirmation of that.  It would also be nice if setup.py
> could sniff that problem out before trying that import (or
> catching the ImportError and then sniff around a bit).

Would this work?  Is there anywhere else we could look for it?

"""
try:
    from spambayes.Version import __version__
except ImportError:
    # File should be there, maybe the user expanded it all
    # into one directory?
    try:
        from Version import __version__
    except ImportError:
        print "Cannot find Version.py - something appears to " \
              "have gone wrong unpacking the archive.  Please " \
              "try again, ensuring that you expand the complete " \
              "archive, and retain the directory structure."
        sys.exit()
"""

=Tony Meyer