[spambayes-dev] Dibbler.py error in training

sean darcy seandarcy at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:47:29 EST 2004

>I just checked in a fix for this.  flags=None was supposed to represent
>that no flags had been passed.  I changed the code to use integer bit
>values that could be OR'd together if we ever add more flags in the
>future, and it now defaults to flags=0 for no flags.
>
>This error only seems to occur if you retrain a message that was trained
>into the wrong corpus (either correcting a training mistake, or
>retraining a false positive or false negative with a train-on-everything
>strategy).  onRemoveMessage is not called on the unknown corpus.

Updated from cvs. New error message:

Training...
500 Server error

Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line 461, in
found_terminator
    getattr(plugin, name)(**params)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/ProxyUI.py", line 391, in
onReview
    fromCache=True)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Corpus.py", line 209, in
takeMessage
    if opt in notate_opt and \

AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'

Did I get the fix from cvs?  Maybe Sourceforge just didn't update it.

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous at cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/spambayes co
spambayes
U spambayes/contrib/sb_bnfilter.py
U spambayes/spambayes/Corpus.py