[spambayes-dev] Dibbler.py error in training

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 5 10:02:35 EDT 2004

Kenny Pitt wrote:

>> Training...
>> 500 Server error
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Dibbler.py", line
>>     461, in found_terminator getattr(plugin, name)(**params)
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/ProxyUI.py", line
>>     391, in onReview fromCache=True)
>>
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/spambayes/Corpus.py", line
>>     209, in takeMessage if opt in notate_opt and \
>>
>> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'startswith'
>
> Well, anonymous CVS does have a little bit of a delay but it looks
> like you got all of the affected files, and it looks like this error
> is in a different location.  I'll try to make time to take a look if
> someone else doesn't beat me to it.

I went ahead and took a look at this.  It was a different problem
accidentally introduced a little while ago while fixing a previous bug.
I checked in another fix in Corpus.py for it.  Look for revision 1.18 to
come through anon cvs.

We really appreciate these problem reports.  Everyone uses the software
differently so it is often impossible for the developers to catch
problems with every combination of option settings.

--
Kenny Pitt