FW: [spambayes-dev] Results for DNS lookup in tokenizer

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Sun Apr 11 19:25:11 EDT 2004

> Ah, okay.  I missed that in Matt's post.  If the tokenizer's
> x-pick_apart_urls option is True, it picks apart URLs embedded in
> the body of the message.  It's not as ip-centered as Matt's code.

Yes, the two needn't be related. That just turned out to be the best
place in the code to do the lookup. I wanted the patch to be as
simple as possible in the hopes that someone else would like to test
it.

Here's a little more data: Since yesterday morning, SpamBayes has
scored 352 messages for me. Of those, a url-ip token has figured in
the evidence for 262 of them. Only 90 were scored without one.

Regards,
Matt