[spambayes-dev] RE: Incremental filtering and the spam folder

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Apr 11 21:25:13 EDT 2004

> > Would it not be better to only add the hook if the
> > train_manual_spam option is True?  Or is there some
> > other reason that the spam folder has to be hooked?
>
> I think you are correct - we could avoid the hook
> alltogether.  However, I'm still reluctant to change this, as
> it does risk breakage.  We can fix it post 1.0.

Sounds good.  So I remember, I've opened a tracker:

[ 933473 ] Unnecessary spam folder hook
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=933473&group_id=61
702&atid=498103>

I'll run with the patch until it gets checked in as well, for some
additional assurance that it'll work.

=Tony Meyer