[spambayes-dev] Re: 1.0b1 Release candidates

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Sun Apr 11 22:06:38 EDT 2004

Tony:
> release out?  Are you able to use the code that Thomas
> posted to patch the ActivePython pythoncom.dll

Tony - note that the code posted by Thomas is to patch python23.dll, as
packaged by py2exe and shipped by us.  It does not touch the ActivePython
DLLs at all.

What we are doing is changing the registry location that *we* read Python
options from.  This way, we won't be reading the standard "2.3", which is
what ActivePython uses.

> ... and should that code go into py2exe (maybe with an
> additional change
> to py2exe so that it can specify the LCID for the resources) ...

Yes, I believe it should, and I agree losing that version information is no
big deal.  IIUC, you were also implying that Python 2.4 should be patched to
use language independent resource here?

I'll have a bash at making a py2exe patch, while I'm making the other
patches up.

Mark.