[spambayes-dev] various Outlook version and RFC2822 compliance

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Apr 12 23:20:57 EDT 2004

> I've done a bit of research into this, as I am trying to find a way to
> reliably reconstruct the MIME structure in the Outlook plug-in, beyond
> simply synthesizing a token for attachments.

As a matter of interest, why do you want to do this?  Won't you have to
reconstruct all the attachments in this stream, just to have them pulled
apart (but promptly ignored) by the tokenizer?  For binary attachments,
including virus payload, this would seem significant.

Given the various problems and version dependencies we have extracting this
stream, it would seem much simpler to use documented stable Outlook
interfaces to synthesize the few tokens we are talking about.

While I agree it is an interesting problem, I don't see why it would be the
best way for the Outlook addin to approach it.  Is there something I am
missing?

Thanks,

Mark.