[spambayes-dev] various Outlook version and RFC2822 compliance

Ryan Malayter rmalayter at bai.org
Tue Apr 13 00:00:16 EDT 2004

[Ryan Malayter]
>As a matter of interest, why do you want to do this?  Won't
>you have to reconstruct all the attachments in this stream,
>just to have them pulled apart (but promptly ignored) by the
>tokenizer?

Because there may be more tokenizing options that require the full
RFC2822-plus-MIME structure of the message. I also figured it would be
neat and tidy to put the Outlook plug-in on equal footing with the proxy
versions of Outlook. It would certainly make the two versions respond
the same when testing the same corpora.

Synthesizing tokens would scratch this particular itch a few people are
having with attachment names, but not necessarily any future itches. I
figured if I could solve the RFC-format problem easily (which I can't),
it would solve my current issue and also be better for the future of the
code base.

	-ryan-