RE: [spambayes-dev] FW: Overnight shipping on xãnax,valíum and more

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Apr 21 20:09:09 EDT 2004

> Mark, attached is a logfile I got from Glenn that was not
> CC'd to the list.  Maybe this will give you some more ideas
> as to what's going wrong.
[...]

I had something pretty similar to this myself just this morning (traceback
at end of message).  I believe that I caused it by force quitting Outlook
when it was busy working at something.  Not long afterwards I also got the
"Bayes database has X, message database has Y" error message.  You'll notice
that Glenn also does:

"""
Bayes database initialized with 14808 spam and 3729 good messages
*** - message database has 18536 messages - bayes has 18537 - something is
screwey
"""

Perhaps something similar is at fault here?  In any case, retraining does
look like the best option, and it solved the "buttons don't do anything"
problem for me, too.  (I have the two old databases if anyone really cares,
but it doesn't seem worth looking at).

There is a lot of training there, but on the plus side retraining will mean
things work faster, the imbalance can be addressed, and lots of us (IIRC)
are happy with sub-1000-message databases.  Plus the problem will be fixed
:)

(I'm just hoping this doesn't mean that I'm now channelling all the problems
that arise here... <wink>)

=Tony Meyer

"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 275,
in _Invoke_
    return self._invoke_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 280,
in _invoke_
    return S_OK, -1, self._invokeex_(dispid, lcid, wFlags, args, None, None)
  File "C:\Python23\lib\site-packages\win32com\server\policy.py", line 542,
in _invokeex_
    return func(*args)
  File "D:\spambayes\Outlook2000\addin.py", line 700, in OnClick
    TrainAsHam(msgstore_message, self.manager, save_db = False)
  File "D:\spambayes\Outlook2000\addin.py", line 142, in TrainAsHam
    if train.train_message(msgstore_message, False,
manager.classifier_data):
  File "D:\spambayes\Outlook2000\train.py", line 52, in train_message
    cdata.bayes.learn(tokenize(stream), is_spam)
  File "D:\spambayes\spambayes\classifier.py", line 273, in learn
    self._add_msg(wordstream, is_spam)
  File "D:\spambayes\spambayes\classifier.py", line 375, in _add_msg
    record = self._wordinfoget(word)
  File "D:\spambayes\spambayes\storage.py", line 261, in _wordinfoget
    r = self.db.get(word)
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\shelve.py", line 111, in get
    return self[key]
  File "C:\Python23\Lib\shelve.py", line 119, in __getitem__
    value = Unpickler(f).load()
cPickle.UnpicklingError: invalid load key, '
'.
"""