[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes server compliant w/ spamassassin

Jkx at Pythonfr jkx at pythonfr.org
Mon Apr 26 03:51:18 EDT 2004

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 08:27:32AM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> > I really think that allowing users (in a large system) to spwan process
> > is a bad idea. not for a workstation of course but of a filtering server
> > with 1000 mail accounts. My approach is exactly the same as used by things
> > like virus scanner .. Do you think hosting company will allow people to
> > install there own virus scrambler on there account ? They don't .. why :
> > Just because this will be to painfull to administer and spawn a bunch of
> > process for nothing. My approach is the same.
>
> So then you have 1000 different spambayes databases? My .hammiedb is 20M, so
> your big mail server needs 20G of storage for spam databases. This is sure to
> affect delivery performance since there is no way to cache all of that.

Yes, there is no way to cache, but i think the system will be trained
on a small amount of spam. So i hope the database won't be too big.
My current SB db is around 1.2 Mb so. But you really point me to
something i missed.

Is there any way to produce a 'resize' / 'consolidation' of the db ?

> > and i think i
> > can do that w/ sb_bn* but the sb_bn* doesn't support the 'user' setting.
>
> You can specify database filename and socket names on the sb_bnfilter command
> line. It doesnt support 'users' directly, but it provides all you need to
> layer a 'users' system on top.

That's true .. but plug this in a postfix delevery would be so simple
..

--
Jérôme Kerdreux / Labo MI ENST Brest