[spambayes-dev] wish from new user

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Tue Apr 27 18:19:50 EDT 2004

> As a new user I would like to be able to set the
> word Spambayes uses to mark spam myself (or it
> should default to something like "*spam*" . The
> way it works now I would have all correspondence
> with  "spam"  in the subjectline discarded by OE.
> Sometimes people I know send me questions about spam.

Two points:

 1. The tag is actually "spam,", so you are safe as long as people don't put
a comma right after the word 'spam'.

 2. You can change this, you just have to manually edit your configuration
file.  The FAQ has lots of details about changing the options - you're after
the Headers section, and the header_spam_string option.

=Tony Meyer

---