[spambayes-dev] Deprecated options

Matthew Dixon Cowles matt at mondoinfo.com
Tue Aug 3 21:04:58 CEST 2004

[Tony Meyer]
>> [Tokenizer] x-pick_apart_urls - no opinion, here.

[Kenny Pitt]
> I've been running with x-pick_apart_urls on for quite awhile and it
> seems to have been fairly effective, but I haven't run
> cross-validation to compare with and without the option.

Cross-validation showed that x-pick_apart_urls wasn't particularly
effective on my mail. But creating synthetic tokens for the IP
address of a URL's host part is effective for me and that's a small
hack on top the code that implements x-pick_apart_urls. I expect that
some other useful things could be done based on the code as well.

Regards,
Matt