[spambayes-dev] Deprecated options

Tim Peters tim.peters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 04:31:52 CEST 2004

[Tony]
>>> [Classifier] x-use_bigrams - becomes a regular
>>> option (defaulting to False?)

[Skip]
>> False would be best.  We already have people complaining
>> about the size of their databases.

[Tony]
> Unless anyone speaks up in the next couple of days, I'll remove the "x-"
> from the option, the "EXPERIMENTAL" from the description, and leave it set
> to False by default.

You're incapable of making a bad decision here, so I've stayed silent
<wink>.  Bigrams remain an interesting option, so I don't expect the
code to go away.  The database size can be pretty amazing, though!
Using bigrams and a giant pickled dict, my Outlook routinely consumes
over 120MB of RAM now.  Fine by me -- I've got plenty of RAM.  But it
sure makes False the right default.