[spambayes-dev] Re: Generating SB tokens based upon information onthe net

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:25:13 CEST 2004

Brad Knowles wrote:
> 	We want something that can look this information up on various black
> lists, record all those various bits of information, and then score
> the message based on the result.  Given the limited capability to do
> this sort of thing within postfix, I believe that SpamBayes would be
> the best place to do this.
>
> 	If you don't want to do this within SpamBayes, then you need to come
> up with some other external component that fits as a shim between
> postfix and SpamBayes.

IMHO, it's not likely that this will make it into the core SpamBayes source,
but if you want to put it in yourself then the patch is attached.  Applying
the patch only involves inserting several lines into 2 different files.
This version only inserts a token if a host is found on a DNSBL, but could
easily be tweaked to insert a "spam" token if found or an "ok" token if not
found.

After applying the patch, you configure it by adding the x-dnsbl_databases
option to the Tokenizer section of your config file.  The format is a
space-separated list of DNSBL hostnames, for example:

x-dnsbl_databases:sbl.spamhaus.org xbl.spamhaus.org cbl.abuseat.org

--
Kenny Pitt