[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Translation offer

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Dec 30 08:08:01 CET 2004

> I would be happy to participate in doing the french
> translation, if this has not been done before. I can
> translate text from the program itself and web pages as well.

That would be fantastic!  It's looking like we'll manage to have Spanish and
German (and English) translations with the 1.1 version, so adding French
would be great.

The best thing would be if you could subscribe to the spambayes-dev mailing
list for the moment:

<http://spambayes.org/contact.html>

It's a very low-volume list for discussion about the development of
SpamBayes.  There is some discussion about the translation effort at the
moment (the archives will have the messages) - you can just ignore the other
messages.

The status at the moment is that most of the work required to be done to the
code to let translation be a reasonably simple process has been done.

If you're in a hurry to get started, then to translate the web interface
most of what you need to do is translate the ui.html file (get the CVS copy,
e.g. from <http://sf.net/projects/spambayes>).  To translate the Outlook
plug-in, you mostly need to translate the dialogs.rc/dialogs.h files with
VC++ or similar (although there are other methods).

If you're not in a hurry, I'll try and do some more work into getting this
sorted next week (NZ is pretty much on holiday this week) and writing up a
"how to translate" guide.  Feel free to remind me if I haven't said anything
by Wednesday...

Thanks again for the offer, we really appreciate it!

=Tony.Meyer