[spambayes-dev] New release

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Tue Feb 3 07:23:46 EST 2004

Just so everyone knows where I am at...

I've been slightly distracted by distutils and releasing win32all (and
pretending to have a life, and having trouble getting motivated to work at
all, but that is a different story <wink>).  The details aren't particularly
interesting, but instead of doing another "WISE" based release, I'm going to
jump straight to distutils, and therefore force myself to face the issues
now rather than get 1/2 way through yet another thing.

So, my plan was always to try and release a new win32all, *then* release a
new spambayes binary.  This way, anyone else can re-create the spambayes
binary fairly easily, and for a change, public releases will synchronize
*and* be easily reproducible.  This is still my personal plan, but has no
particular benefit.  Therefore, should someone forge ahead and prepare a new
source-code release, I will jump ahead of where I am, and do a corresponding
binary release.

Not that I am pushing for this, but incase someone is waiting for me, then
I'm pretty ready to go.  Unfortunately (ok ok, fortunately) I have no idea
what the source-release process is, nor have any intention of learning now
<wink>

Mark.