[spambayes-dev] -d/-D command line options

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Feb 5 03:27:39 EST 2004

> As long as we'll be making an incompatible change to the
> selection of pickles and databases, I'd like to see about
> getting the default (pickle or database file) done right for
> each application.  Long-running applications which handle
> both the training and scoring tasks should probably use
> pickles by default.  Other applications should use database
> files by default.  That will probably mean changes to the
> config file to split Storage:persistent_use_database into
> several application-specific options.

I'm not opposed to having application-specific options, but do we definitely
want to set pickle as the default for some?  Tim's comments indicate that
pickle isn't appropriate for Outlook, which probably means that it's not for
sb_server.  Imapfilter is a tricky one, since it can be run as a separate
process at various intervals, or it can be run once and process at various
intervals.  With the former, a pickle would be bad, with the latter,
probably good.

I wish we knew if the changes in this release are enough to remove the
majority of db errors.  We should definitely get a few.

=Tony Meyer