[spambayes-dev] Problem with 1.0a9 Windows installer?

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 14:58:19 EST 2004

I pointed this user at the new 1.0a9 (0.9) installer because he was
getting the "unable to register" error with 0.81.  He sent back the
following report.

Perrin Jean-Marc wrote:
> I just download and install the spambayes-1.0a9
>
> Installation is all right, but now, when I launch Outlook, nothing's
> appears, Outlook has no change at all ?
>
> It seems to me that the oultlook addin is not installed and enabled

I unregistered my source version and ran the installer myself, and I got
the same result.  The SpamBayes toolbar was still present from my source
version, but all the buttons were inactive.  SpamBayes appeared in the
COM Add-ins list, but was unchecked and reported something about "an
error occurred during load".  I did a regsvr32 on the installed
outlook_addin.dll and SpamBayes worked again after restarting Outlook.

It looks like we may have a problem in the installer with registering
the addin properly.  My initial guess is that the Outlook Add-in
registry entries are getting set, but the COM object itself isn't
getting registered.

I'm heading off to take a look at this now, but wanted to give everyone
a heads up in case someone wants to pull (or hide, or whatever) the
installer from SourceForge until we can sort this out.

--
Kenny Pitt