[spambayes-dev] Problem with 1.0a9 Windows installer?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Feb 12 22:37:52 EST 2004

> Kenny Pitt wrote:
> > Tony Meyer wrote:
> >> I get the installer setting it to
> >> "<installation_path>\bin\outlook_addin.dll".

> >> The installer does this for me, too.
> >
> > I must admit that I used my locally-built copy of the
> installer which
> > *should* be the same but isn't necessarily identical.  I'll download
> > the actual installer from SourceForge and try again.
>
> Interesting.  I used the SF installer and it did register as
> outlook_addin.dll.  I didn't get the PythonCOMPath key, but the addin
> worked fine in Outlook all the same.

The PythonCOMPath key isn't needed for frozen programs, and indeed isn't
written for frozen programs.  This is in win32com\server\register.py.  The
code that knows how to find the classes without PythonCOMPath is in py2exe's
boot_com_servers.py

> I looked at the version number on python23.dll and noticed that the SF
> installer was built using the Python 2.3.2 release.  I've updated to
> 2.3.3 so my local version was built with that.  I'd be interested to
> know what results others get when rebuilding with 2.3.3.  As it is, I
> can't begin to guess whether this is due to differences in
> 2.3.3, or to
> some other configuration difference unique to my system.

Oops - I meant to use 2.3 - I'm actually building from a Python CVS tree
tagged with 2.3, but clearly haven't updated for a while :)  I'm updating
now, so I'll see if there are any issues.  However, it sounds more like your
issues were caused by either py2exe or win32all being out of date.

So does this mean the binary is all ready to go, and we can announce it?

Mark.