[spambayes-dev] Mozilla SpamBayes "porting"

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Feb 18 19:30:20 EST 2004

[Miguel]
> Here is the core of my C++ port if anyone wants to take a look.
> You'll notice that I included the
> "experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment", could this be
> my problem?

[Adam]
> Usage suggests that "experimental_ham_spam_imbalance_adjustment"
> produced bad results for most people. It is no longer used by
> most people.

And in fact the code doesn't even exist in current CVS or in 1.0a9 (0.9),
even though the option is there (but deprecated).  So only people using
out-of-date spambayes might be using it.

Note that this could only effect your results if you did in fact have an
imbalance - you didn't say how the corpus was split.

=Tony Meyer