[spambayes-dev] Mozilla SpamBayes "porting"

Miguel Vargas miguel at vargas.com
Wed Feb 18 21:37:35 EST 2004

I'll take that out and re-test, it looked harmless when I put it in, but
I should've known you guys hadn't turned it on for a reason.

The corpus I used has 2,793 hams and 948 hams.  We're using
SpamAssasin's public corpus for testing.  It's kind of tough to test
since we don't have the nice cross-validation tools that you have, and
things aren't very flexible so we have to get the emails into a POP3
server and let the app download the messages.  Basically what I've been
doing is splitting SpamAssasin's corpus in half, training on one set and
getting results on the other. It takes a while, but it seems to work,
the results have consistently shown an increase in the fp rate.

Anyways, I'll let you know the results.

thanks