[spambayes-dev] getting rid of the "new mail" icon

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Thu Feb 19 10:31:11 EST 2004

[Antoine]
>>> Can you confirm that it is not currently possible to configure
>>> SpamBayes for usage scenario 1?

[Kenny Pitt]
>> I can confirm that this not currently possible.

[Antoine]
> Well, then I am left with the following options:
> - Switch back to Spammunition (which does switch off the new mail
>   icon).
> - Use a commercial anti-spam filter (if I can find one that
>   switches off the new mail icon; suggestions welcome).
> - Change my email address.

I can think of a few others:

- Ignore the new-mail icon.  That's what I do.  In fact, I started
  ignoring it long before SpamBayes existed -- its behavior never
  made useful sense to me.

- Devote a good part of your short-term future to figuring out how
  to write code to make this goofy icon do what you want.

- Pay someone else to devote part of their life to doing that.

> I am thrilled by none of these possibilities. I would have liked to
> use SpamBayes, but given the amount of spam I get, this is just not
> possible.

I bet I get more spam than you get <wink>.