[spambayes-dev] A URL experiment

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Mon Jan 5 12:31:13 EST 2004

    Tim> [& Skip tests bigrams]
    >> false negative percentages
    >> 7.874  6.299  won    -20.00%
    >> 6.299  4.724  won    -25.00%
    >> 9.449  6.299  won    -33.34%
    >> 9.449  5.512  won    -41.67%
    >> 10.236  4.724  won    -53.85%
    >> 5.512  1.575  won    -71.43%
    >> 7.087  5.512  won    -22.22%
    >> 5.556  5.556  tied
    >> 7.937  7.937  tied
    >> 8.661  2.362  won    -72.73%
    >>
    >> won   8 times
    >> tied  2 times
    >> lost  0 times

    Tim> That's a clear significant win for you , eh?

Yeah, but note that my fn & unsure percentages (at least in test scenarios)
are pretty high.  Given that, it's not all that surprising that I get a
bigger boost from bigrams than you do.  I have yet to figure out why mine
are so bad.  I haven't found many misclassified messages (down in the
onesies and twosies range with over 1000 each of ham and spam).  I really
need to implement that secondary database that maps clues to messages.

Skip