[spambayes-dev] A URL experiment

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Mon Jan 5 21:27:25 EST 2004

[Kenny Pitt, tests x-pick_apart_urls and mine_received_headers]

Remarkable results, Kenny!  I want your email mix <wink>.  No effect on FP,
major reductions in FN and Unsure rates, and

> won   7 times
> tied  3 times
> lost  0 times

was your weakest outcome.  These options are as close to a pure win on your
email as we've seen since The Early Days.

Anyone else?  Skip and Kenny both reported (surprisingly, to me) strong
benefits from these gimmicks, and nobody yet has reported anything bad from
them.  If nobody does, there's no reason not to make them default behaviors
(and to promote pick_apart_urls up from experimental status).