[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] Spam Baes Question

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:56:39 EST 2004

I'm moving this to spambayes-dev since we're starting to get into
implementation issues.

Coe, Bob wrote:
> [snip some discussion of deleted Spam folders]
>
> Entirely aside from the above, it should be easier to go with the
> Outlook flow than to buck it. If you do go to keeping track by name,
> I'll bet you end up having to wring some subtle bugs out of the code.

Speaking of the Outlook flow, notice that Outlook does not allow you to
delete the "Deleted Items" folder (or the "Junk E-mail" folder if
running Outlook 2003).

I'm pretty sure we can't prevent the user from deleting the SpamBayes
spam folder, but I'd love to see if we could at least warn them when
they delete it and maybe offer to restore it.  We already track items
added to our watched folders.  I'm wondering if we could track items
added to the Deleted Items folder in the same way, and watch for the id
of the Spam and Unsure folders.  That might allow us to detect when the
user deletes one of those folders before they've emptied Deleted Items
and lost the folder entirely.

--
Kenny Pitt