[spambayes-dev] Rebuilding Resources Question

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Jan 7 22:04:37 EST 2004

> Yes, resource package was correctly installed.  I got it to
> do what I wanted by typing python __init__.py in the resource
> directory.  I was expecting the "setup.py build" or
> "setup.py install" to do the dirty work for me.  I'll
> assume I was wrong unless somebody tells me different (then I
> may try to figure out what is going wrong.

You were wrong :)  It gets called whenever it's imported, but setup.py
doesn't import it, it just copies it.  If you ran anything that used it
(sb_server, for example) then __init__.py should get imported, and so the
file will get recreated.

This is much more useful than having to run setup.py, of course, since you
almost never need to do that - this way it just updates whenever it's
needed.

Good to hear that it's working, anyway :)

=Tony Meyer