[spambayes-dev] Program notes...

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Thu Jan 8 18:23:16 EST 2004

> 1) When I "Recover from Spam" messages scored as "unsure" or
> "spam", the messages return to my Personal Folders Inbox.
> Since I'm using Outlook as an IMAP client, I'd like messages
> to return to the IMAP Inbox.  Since an IMAP PST can't be the
> default message store, I suppose the request should read
> "return to a specified folder".

"Recover from spam" tries to return messages to wherever they came from.
The problem is that to do this it needs to be able to get & save certain
information and it sometimes has troubles with this - particularly with IMAP
and Hotmail accounts.  I suspect this is what is happening here, and, if so,
we don't really have a solution at present.  IIRC, your log file would
indicate that this is what is happening (maybe at a higher verbosity than
the default?).

> 2) My plug-in is configured to watch both the IMAP and the
> local Inbox.  I'd like to remove the local Inbox, but I don't
> see any way to do so (other than by resetting everything).

Open up the SpamBayes Manager dialog, go to the Filtering tab, click the top
Browse button, and untick the box next to the local Inbox.

> 3) Please advise as to the most appropriate place to send
> comments like these, if it's not this address.

spambayes at python.org.  spambayes-dev is for discussion of SpamBayes
development only, not troubleshooting.

=Tony Meyer

---