[spambayes-dev] Incremental training results

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Fri Jan 9 18:33:40 EST 2004

In message:  <3FFF2D90.1010805 at wickedgrey.com>
             "Eli Stevens (WG.c)" <listsub at wickedgrey.com> writes:

>I used a modified version of the dotest.sh script to run each set against
>each regime, which produced 70 graphs that, while nice, don't allow for
>easy comparative analysis*.

Aye, there are not yet published tools for building the summary graphs.
I've thrown together snippets of shell scripts to merge graphs, but
that's not generally useful (since most of our comrades are running
that blighted OS known as Windows, which doesn't even have a decent
tail command!).

The simplest thing for merging the graphs (for me) is concatenating
the result of tail +2... possibly with a bit of grep -v to remove
redundant legend labels.

>I'm wanting to cook up something that will take a list of .ini files (or
>Option objects, if I understand correctly - they are equivalent?) and a
>list of regimes and run all the combinations, outputting a few pretty
>graphs.

As Skip mentioned, the BAYESCUSTOMIZE environment variable is your
friend, here.  That and a could for loops should help a lot.

Enjoy!

- Alex