[spambayes-dev] Another incremental training idea...

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Tue Jan 13 18:29:37 EST 2004

In message:  <16388.31964.874443.334246 at montanaro.dyndns.org>
             Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>Note that I'm talking about training on almost everything over the course of
>about a day.  I wound up quickly with a 3:1 or worse ratio.  I don't think I
>have time to wait for stuff to expire. ;-)

Ook.  Actually, 3:1 isn't all that bad... looking at the ratio plot
at the bottom of http://cashew.wolfskeep.com/~popiel/spambayes/nonedge,
my tests started out between 3:1 and 4:1 for the first few days.  They
dropped back down to 2:1 after about 70-100 days.  Error rates didn't
look nice for the first week or two, either... but they settled out, too.

- Alex