[spambayes-dev] Another piece of anecdotal evidence

T. Alexander Popiel popiel at wolfskeep.com
Wed Jan 14 14:05:08 EST 2004

In message:  <16389.37118.304189.514738 at montanaro.dyndns.org>
             Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> writes:

>    Alex> Total:    4694 ham, 39913 spam (89.48% spam)
>    Alex> Trained:   204 ham, 10994 spam (98.18% spam)
>
>    Alex> Having such a high imbalance does seem to make me particularly
>    Alex> susceptible to training errors... but doesn't seem to hurt
>    Alex> otherwise.
>
>How do you plan to find those mistrained messages?

As part of my nightly retrain, I'm going to make it score each message
(with the fully trained DB) and sort them into 6 directories for each
month: {ham,spam}{positive,unsure,negative}.  Flipping through the
hampositive directory for each month should make it fairly easy to spot
the problems...

- Alex