[spambayes-dev] Exposing experimental options

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 26 17:22:30 EST 2004

Tony Meyer wrote:
>> Should x- options *not* be exposed?)
>
> This is a good question, and one that we should probably figure out
> before this upcoming release.  My instinctive response is that they
> shouldn't be, because they are experimental, and so maybe not safe
> for people to use. However, I do think that if we don't offer these
> anywhere then no-one will use them and we'll still be in the dark (or
> maybe a dim light <wink>) when we come to decide whether to dump them
> or not.

The config page currently shows the "Advanced Configuration" button that
gets you to these settings.  What if we added another button
"Experimental Configuration" that would give you a similar page to set
the experimental options.  The options shown could be controlled by a
map exp_map separate from adv_map, and if the exp_map is empty then we
wouldn't show the "Experimental Configuration" button.

--
Kenny Pitt