[spambayes-dev] Difference between X-Spambayes-MailId and Message-id

Tim Stone tim at fourstonesExpressions.com
Wed Mar 3 10:35:47 EST 2004

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:28:20 -0600, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:

>     Remi> I want to know the difference between the X-Spambayes-MailId
> and
>     Remi> Message-id and why not all application add this to the mail (Ex
>     Remi> sb_filter.py)
>
>     Skip> What's its purpose?  Which applications add it?
>
>     Tim> It is used by the pop3proxy and imap filter for identifying a
>     Tim> stored email with a cached copy.
>
> So unlikely to be of much use to sb_filter.py unless Remi can provide
> some
> motivation.

Well, I'm not very familiary with sb_filter... the other thing that id is
used for (that I didn't remember right off) is to key the database that
keeps track of if and how that message has been trained, and how it was
classified (which is necessary because we cannot guarantee that all
mailers will maintain the X-Spambayes-Classification header).  This
particular function might be of use in sb_filter, but only if it is using
the storage.py module to manage its classifiers.

> Skip

Exprimez vous!; Exprésese; Esprimi te stesso; Express yourself!
Tim Stone
See my photography at www.fourstonesExpressions.com