[spambayes-dev] Train-to-Exhaustion in Outlook

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Fri Mar 5 11:59:57 EST 2004

    Kenny> Is there a way to force the Outlook addin to train on an
    Kenny> already-trained message without rebuilding the entire database?

Not that I'm aware of.  If there's no format difference between the training
database the Outlook plugin uses and what the other apps use you should be
able to run the contrib/tte.py script over a suitable pair of files then
stuff the result in place.

    Kenny> If this doesn't exist currently, I'd like to add a "Force
    Kenny> training of previously-trained messages" checkbox under the
    Kenny> current training options.

Since train-to-exhaustion isn't something you can do incrementally, why not
add a "train to exhaustion" checkbox (with suitable explanation) in the
dialog where you retrain from scratch?

Skip