[spambayes-dev] Train-to-Exhaustion in Outlook

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 5 12:06:25 EST 2004

Kenny Pitt wrote:
> Is there a way to force the Outlook addin to train on an
> already-trained message without rebuilding the entire database?  I'm
> trying to do a "train-to-exhaustion" like re-inforcement of the
> recent ZIP file virus messages, but when I run training on them in
> the Training tab it ignores them because they've all been trained
> before.

Started looking over the code and it appears that not only is this not
currently possible, I can't add it (without changing the behavior of a
lot of other things) because it would cause the following test in the
Load method of class ClassifierData to fail:

"""
  if len(message_db) != bayes.nham + bayes.nspam:
      print "*** - message database has %d messages - bayes has %d -
something is screwey" % \
              (len(message_db), bayes.nham + bayes.nspam)
"""

If I were to force a message to be trained a second time, the total
number of trained messages would be higher than the number of unique
messages trained on.  Is this a correct assessment?

--
Kenny Pitt