[spambayes-dev] Train-to-Exhaustion in Outlook

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Sun Mar 7 17:38:47 EST 2004

> Is there a way to force the Outlook addin to train on an
> already-trained message without rebuilding the entire
> database?

Use Outlook to make a copy of the message, and train on that.  I'm pretty
sure that that works.  Otherwise Skip's suggestion of using the tte.py
script would work, although it's laborious since you'd have to use export.py
to get the messages out of Outlook first.

> If this doesn't exist currently, I'd like to add a "Force
> training of previously-trained messages" checkbox under the
> current training options.

I think if testing does show that tte is worthwhile, at least for initial
training, then this should just be silently done (by a default-to-on option)
when training from scratch (including in the config wizard) is done.  I
think exposing it as an option would be too confusing for Outlook users.

=Tony Meyer