[spambayes-dev] saving attachments

Tim Peters tim.one at comcast.net
Sun Mar 14 22:19:40 EST 2004

[Tim Peters]
>> Right on both counts.  We could do a better job of trying to
>> *synthesize* MIME structure in the Outlook addin, but it's
>> painful and nobody yet has bothered.

[Ryan Malayter]
> This doesn't seem like it would be that hard,

It never does before you try it <0.9 wink>.

If you pursue this, note that the tokenizer ignores the *bodies* of
non-text/* attachments regardless, so there's little point in synthesizing
MIME to recreate them.  Sythnesizing the MIME armor saying that there *is*
an attachment of type such-and-such is what counts.