[spambayes-dev] Open relay, and new release?

Tony Meyer tameyer at ihug.co.nz
Mon Mar 15 17:47:35 EST 2004

[TimS]
> I'm working a fix for this, but have been ill, so it's not
> finished as of yet...

This is my fault too, in that TimS asked me to try out some stuff he had
managed to do, but I've been really busy at work and haven't managed to yet.

[Mark]
> If so, everything else seems quite stable, so maybe we can
> cut a 0.95 this week (then unable to avoid a 1.0 any longer :)
> Even straight to a 1.0rc? would suit me.

I don't know how many people have tried the binary sb_server (sourceforge's
stats, for what they're worth, are still down), but there certainly don't
seem to have been any major problems with that.  There have been (as usual)
some imapfilter bugs, although I've tried to get those fixed as they've
arrived, for the most part.

The plug-in has been a bit more mixed - there have been a reasonable chunk
of people that could install 0.81, but not 0.9.  It would be nice to try and
solve this, or put in some more debugging info that will help solve it in
the future.  I don't know enough about it to try and do this, though.

I am +1 on putting out a release this week if we can manage it, particularly
for the open-relay stuff and the imapfilter bugs.  I'll try and find time
today to get some stuff towards that done, and maybe I can put a source
1.0a95rc1 (or whatever it's being called) here for any developers that want
to give it a spin.  No promises, though :)

=Tony Meyer