[spambayes-dev] RE: [Spambayes] InBoxer/SpamAtBay beta available.

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Mar 16 17:34:59 EST 2004

    Tony> What sort of thing is InBoxer doing to balance the database?  It
    Tony> is actually removing messages/tokens from the database in the
    Tony> category that's too high, or finding additional messages for the
    Tony> category that's too low, doing some wizzy math, or something else?

I'd be interested in this as well.  In the train-to-exhaustion script I
currently force it to train on pairs of ham and spam.  That means the
database is rigorously in-balance (except for the repeated training bit),
but that many spams I've saved are so far unused.  I generally add hams to
the database which didn't score below 0.4 just to try and boost the number
of hams.  I'd like to know a good way to selectively discard spams for this
endeavor.

Skip