[spambayes-dev] sb_bnfilter performance

Jerome Kerdreux Jkx at pythonfr.org
Thu May 6 19:35:17 EDT 2004

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 08:00:47AM +0100, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 May 2004 23:28, Jkx at Home wrote:
> > On jeu, 2004-05-06 at 00:08, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > > Ive been squeezing some more performance out of sb_bnfilter.....
>
> > > I have a C implementation of sb_bnfilter that reduces filtering time
>
> > This sound great :)
> > I hope this have the same behaviours that spamc have :
>
> It doesnt. Those features make sense in your spamc/sb_global_server
> configuration, but sb_bnfilter has different requirements. Its just a faster
> sb_filter, ideal for use in procmail or mua filters.
>
> sb_bnfilter is not a server-based solution (my apologies for using a component
> name containing the word "server" that might hint otherwise ;-)
>
> > - disable sb_bnserver fork
> > - specify username
> > - and support for unix domain and tcp ..
>
> Those features would be nice somewhere, but not in sb_filter.

We don't talk about sb_filter but sb_bnfilter and, i think you do
anything SB related in (except sb_bnserver fork) ?
i don't really see  where is the difference .. your code just need
a option to disable the sb_bnserver fork to use the global server
no ?

Toby could you send me your code by email please, because i don't have
cvs install here ..

> A related question: why not use ReadyExec? Its implementation relies on
> copying the filter's stdin file descriptor into the server process. This is a
> little hairy, since the server can continue to read from that file descriptor
> even after the filter process has been killed.

What's this ? URL ?

Bye Bye .