[spambayes-dev] i18n revisited

Richie Hindle richie at entrian.com
Tue Nov 2 22:45:42 CET 2004

[Tony]
> Richie might have ideas here, hopefully :)

Yikes!  8-)  I know little about all this, never having had anything to
do with gettext.

>From what I can see of your attached .po file, Tony, that route looks
like a nightmare for the translator.

Hernán said "I was thinking something like opening a given i18n.ui.html
in the corresponding language directory" and that sounds much more like
it.  I can't imagine that anyone willing to translate SpamBayes would be
too scared or underqualified to edit the raw HTML.  And even if they
were, things should continue to work even they use an WYSIWYG HTML
editor to do the translation - that's (in untested theory) one of the
benefits of PyMeldLite.  Another advantage is that they would be doing
the translation in context, rather than on a disjoint bunch of strings.

--
Richie Hindle
richie at entrian.com