[spambayes-dev] SpamBayes announce list & moderation

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Wed Oct 6 05:50:07 CEST 2004

According to <http://spambayes.org/contact.html> spambayes-announce is
moderated:

"""
The spambayes-announce list - a very low volume mailing list announcing new
releases. This is a moderated mailing list: all postings to this list are
subject to a human moderator's review before they're sent to the list. The
moderator will reject off-topic messages.
"""

However, I don't think this is true.  There were a couple of minorly
off-topic messages a while back, and the mailman settings don't seem to say
that it is (emergency moderation is off, and the moderation flag doesn't
default to on, so they're all off).

Am I wrong, and it is moderated?  If not, should it be?  (Tim's the one that
wrote the above description, apart from the first sentence).

=Tony Meyer