[spambayes-dev] I18N

Hernan Martinez Foffani hernan at orgmf.com.ar
Fri Oct 8 10:56:16 CEST 2004

>> Current rcparse.py skips lang entries.
>
> rcparse.py also seems to skip code_page pragma.
>
> Most of western european requires code page 1252, and japanese
> requires code page 932, etc.

While I don't think we need to make rcparse.py fully compliant
with Microsoft specifications (for instance, I would expect one
and only one dialogs.rc file per language so lang entries are
unimportant) you did raise a valid point.

We may need a way to let rcparse.py knows the encoding of the
strings in the rc file and that encoding must be compatible
with gettext (or similar) and with the visual resource editors.

There's one more task in the queue...

-H.