[spambayes-dev] Windows Installer not offering to add startup icon

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at ihug.co.nz
Fri Oct 22 07:52:39 CEST 2004

It appears that our installers aren't offering to create a startup icon for
sb_server users as it should be.  I've checked 1.0a9, 1.0rc1, 1.0rc2 and 1.0
and they all skip it.  (I'm fairly impressed that sb_server users are clever
enough to do it themselves!).

The problem is the "Check: InstallingProxy" line in the Inno script.
Although the selection code has been run by the time the tasks are offered,
it still has the default (False) value.  I've played around with the code,
but can't figure a way around this (although my Pascal is extremely rusty).

We can fix it by removing that Check.  Outlook users don't get that page
anyway, so they won't see the option (this is what happens with the desktop
icon).  However, since we want it checked by default, it will appear in the
text box of additional tasks, even though it doesn't happen.

Does this matter?  I'm doubtful that anyone reads that box anyway, so my
vote is no.

If no-one complains, then I'll check the change in.

=Tony Meyer

P.s.  If anyone wants to do a sanity check for me and run any of the
installers and see if it gets offered, that would be great ;)